People who suffer from seasonal allergies or asthma know the value of the best air purifier. It is a lifesaver device that can give you relief from thousands of airborne diseases. A good quality air purifier cleans and discards the negative effects of wildfire smoke and virus particles and maximizes indoor air quality. That makes it in vogue for the modern world.
But in the market, you will get a different type of purifier that uses a different technique to clean polluted air. So, it is challenging to grab the right purifier according to your needs and budget. Do you want to invest in a purifier with the best quality filtration system? Then read this Winix 5500-2 Review crucially.
We tested so many air purifiers from leading brands based on purifying quality, air delivery rate, filter quality, and many more to choose the best performing, durable and iconic purifier that is worth the cost. So you can undoubtedly buy Winix 5500-2 to enjoy the fresh air and improve air quality.
We pick Winix 5500-2 from the market shout as the most efficient air purifier from the Winix brand. The advanced purification technology and long-lasting superior performance make Winix 5500-2 different in the crowd. Winix is the oldest Korean-based company with a huge history of providing innovative purifiers that improve air quality.
Features of Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
This Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier Review will disclose this air purifier’s features in depth. We also talk about its bad sides and genuine performance. So, you can make the right decision whether it suits you. But after exploring its brilliant performance, you must agree that Winix 5500-2 is the wisest choice.
Winix has become a top choice because it uses the latest technology. It upgrades the filtration system with time to compete in the global market. Yet Winix 5500-2 is a low-budget model but introduces a 3stage air purification system.
It is not the best-performing purifier of the Winix brand. But at a low budget, you won’t find any better alternative than the 5500-2 model.
This triple filtration system guarantees to trap up to 99.87% of fungi, pollen, virus particles, smoke, and many more harmful allergens from the air. This high-quality filter can remove tiny particles up to 0.3 microns to circulate only clean and fresh air.
However, this powerful air purifier effectively captures pollutants particles from the air.
We share this Winix plasma-wave 5500-2 because of its innovative filtration system. This three-stage purification helps to improve air quality as well as purification rate.
If you buy a 5500-2 model, you won’t have any risk of dust, pollen, or allergens. Here we will talk about three filter functionality.
- Pre-filter: It provides a carbon-activated pre-filter to trap large particles such as pet fur, pet dander, dust, and pollen. This pre-filter is manufactured with premium quality granular activated carbon. That also helps to minimize odor, smoke, and VOCs. It is also long-lasting and washable.
- True HEPA Filter: Then, the air will purify through a true HEPA filter that traps tiny particles, including 0.3 microns allergens, dust, fungi, and many more. But it is not washable. Unfortunately, this effective and high-quality filter is a bit costly.
- Winix PlasmaWave: This third layer filter works as an extra barrier to discard any leftover finest pollutants particles from the air. It helps to reduce the number of pollutants in the air. You can use it when you need extra filtration or turn it off. PlasmaWave technology doesn’t emit harmful ozone, creating suffocation for asthma or respiratory patients. Yet if you don’t want to use this powerful technique, you can turn it off.
The purifying power with high-quality filtration makes Winix 5500-2 the best value purifier.
Winix 5500-2 comes with an iconic design. The luxury black colour and stripe grill design on the plastic body give it a premium outlook.
It designs 4 convenient buttons on the front side. The button is smooth and easy to press.
However, the intake grill shape also helps to improve the air circulation ratio. The outer air vent is situated at the top of the device. But it’s slightly located in a back position that makes the direct airflow to a user a bit tricky. But overall, the air circulation flow is impressive.
It also provides two convenient handles from the side. That gives it good mobility. You can easily carry it to any corner of your house. But it is a bit bulky, so you should place it on hard surfaces to avoid unwanted issues. It does not contain any wheels, so it is not highly portable.
CADR rated the coverage at 360 square feet. So it is suitable for medium to large size rooms. The air changes every 15 minutes to ensure clean and flawless air circulation.
Winix 5500-2 is a budget model designed with noise reduction technology. But at high speed, it is a bit noisy. But at low speed, it operates only 28 dB, which is quite enough. In night mode, you will get a noise-free cleaning experience. It won’t make interrupt sleep.
But at high speed in turbo mode, it is a bit loud. The noise level at turbo mode is nearly 58 dB. That is the white noise level, so you can consider it a quiet air purifier.
It is the most common query people want to know whether the air purifier is energy efficient or not. As we need to run air purifiers for long hours to get clean air, power consumption is important in avoiding the huge electric bill.
You will be surprised to know that this powerful 4-speed air purifier requires only 70 watts to operate. So, it is highly energy-efficient that won’t increase your electric bill. It introduces minimum power consumption but maximizes purification.
Using the air purifier for 8 hours per day will cost only $25 per year. That is less than any other air purifier.
Winix introduces a smart sensor with three different colour LEDs. It helps you to understand the real-time air quality of your room. So you can decide on the purification mode according to the air quality to get the best air circulation. It helps to save energy and maintain a healthy environment.
You will get a LED light filter replacement indicator. So you can easily understand when you need to replace the filter.
Another high-end feature you will get from this low-budget purifier is an easy rest facility. That means it can automatically turn into sleep mode when the room is dark and vice-versa. That makes it more energy-efficient, convenient, and quiet.
Easy to Use
This powerful and affordable air purifier is fun to use. You can plug in the device to start with this brilliant purifier. It comes with a convenient remote and touches control panel. So you can operate it remotely or directly from the device. It also gives timer features to automatically shut off the purifier after a certain period.
You can click on or off to start this device. It provides 4 fan speed option. According to the sensor report, you can select the speed to get the best result. It can also automatically adjust the mode according to the air quality. You can choose the auto mode to enjoy these features.
Reviews from consumers
At first appearance, the solid built quality and design grabbed my eyes. When I test the air cleaning performance, there is no scope to complain. This basic model provides efficient filtration services. I get relief from sneezing and severe allergy with this powerful purifier.
I get surprised that it is too quiet and requires less power. It is highly energy-efficient and effortless to install. This device proves itself worthy, so highly recommended.
- Dimensions: 25.1 x 17 x 10.5 inches
- Item weight: 18.15 pounds
- Warranty: 2 years
- Battery required: 1 Lithium Polymer Battery required that included
- Power source: Corded electric
- Control method: Remote control and touch control panel
- Triple filtration: Efficient three-stage purification method capture finest particles up to 99.97%
- The high-quality true HEPA filter capture tiny airborne particles, including 0.3 microns of pollen, dust, fungi, and more
- Washable Activated carbon Pre-filter traps odor, gas VOCs, hair, pet dander, etc
- PlasmaWave technology destroyed any remaining airborne pollutants
- Maximum coverage: 360 square feet
- Maximum noise level: 58dB
- Minimum noise level: 28dB
- Certified energy efficient
- 4 variable fan speed
- Auto sensor to select the mode based on air quality
- LED light Filter replacement reminders
- Timer to automatically shut off the device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is the HEPA filter washable?
Answer: No, the HEPA filter is not washable. But you can wash active carbon pre-filter.
2. Does it make the air dry?
Answer: This device only filters harmful particles and circulates clean and fresh air without affecting the humidity. So it has no chance of making the air dry.
3. Does this air purifier emit any odor?
In normal mode, you won’t face smell, but if you activate the plasma-wave filtration, you can face odor as it forms Hydroxyl radicals.
4. Does it discard the cooking odor?
The high-quality carbon active pre-filter discards are cooking odor and make the home fresh.
More info: Should I Use an Air Purifier?
Winix 5500-2 is a most hunting model for low-budget customers. You will be impressed with its powerful filtration and advanced technology. This Winix 5500-2 Review highlights all the potential features with practical cons.
Despite a few drawbacks, this affordable purifier is a great choice. It works great against allergens and keeps your family protected from pollution. You won’t get any other air purifier at this quiet price range, energy-efficient, and high performing like Winix 5500-2.
You might also be interested in: