A filter is a porous device that can remove impure particles from various fluids like water, air, etc. Therefore, it is used in many important and wonderful devices like air purifiers, water purifiers, and many more to provide clean and healthy components.
Since the filters remove various contaminants from fluids, thus it becomes dirty and needs to be replaced. Some of the filters are washable and cleanable, though.
If you’re wondering how to clean air and air purifier filters, we suggest you read this article carefully. Here we will be discussing the cleaning methods of these filters in detail so that you don’t need to look for other websites for the solution.
How To Clean Air Filter And Air Purifier Filters?
An air filter is a filtering device to remove airborne particles that harm human health. Various physical and chemical processes combined with fibrous pleated paper, foam, cotton, ionizers, and activated charcoal can vanquish dust, powder, pollen, mold, fibers, germs, etc. when air is circulated through it. Air filters are compatible with buildings, transportation, public areas, and industries.
The following instructions can clean the air filter:
- Turn off the HVAC system.
- Locate the vent and open it using a screwdriver
- Remove the filter
- Use the vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to remove debris.
- Now wash the filter carefully using water or vinegar. Don’t touch the fibrous areas, or you may reduce fiber density.
- Make sure it is dry before we place it in the vent.
- Using a screwdriver, close the vent.
- Turn on the HVAC system.
Cleaning of Air Purifier Filters
Most modern air purifiers come with a 3-Stage Filtration System including a pre-filter, Medical Grade HEPA filter, and an Activated Carbon or Charcoal filter. We have already discussed the cleaning of activated carbon filters. Therefore, let’s talk about the cleaning of other filters.
Cleaning of HEPA and Pre-filter
- Turn off the air purifier and remove the HEPA filter from the system.
- Place the HEPA filter near the vacuum cleaner so the pollutants can be removed.
- Without a vacuum cleaner, we can clean the filter by washing it with water or vinegar. Carefully rinse the fiber of the filter, or else the filter density may be lessened, and eventually, you may have to change the filter.
- Remove the front cover with the pre-filter.
- Remove the pre-filter from the front cover and wash it using water.
- It is recommended not to use chemicals or soap to clean the pre-filter and to use only water to avoid any chemical reactions.
- Let’s dry both filters, attach the pre-filter with the front cover and place them back into the air purifier.
Read also: How To Clean HEPA Filter, Pre-Filter, And Activated Carbon filter?
More info: How to Clean an Air Filter?
To avoid infections and maximize the performance of the various purifying devices, it is recommended to replace or clean the filters regularly.
We have discussed the cleaning methods of various filters. Most modern filters can be cleaned by a vacuum cleaner and rinsed using water or vinegar.
Hope this article helps you clean your devices’ activated carbon and other filters.
Leave a Reply